Caring for our Stock
Our stockmen are chosen for their innate ability to read the stock and land to ensure that both are in the best possible condition to encourage a healthy symbiotic relationship.
Because of the isolated nature of our farms, our stock are protected from infections and diseases often seen when animals move around farms.
Our animals are raised from birth to processing on our own properties, roaming the rugged hillsides to produce strong muscles which in turn produces premier meat.
To reinforce our committment to quality care we also particpate in the AFFCO Select Farm Assurance Program which requires us to conform to the following guidelines
It is a policy of the AFFCO Select™ Farm Assurance Programme that the supplying farms shall:
- Comply with all relevant legislation.
- Possess a copy and be aware of all relevant Codes of Practice.
- Ensure the health and welfare of the stock based on The Five Freedoms;
- freedom from thirst, hunger and malnutrition
- freedom from discomfort
- freedom from pain, injury or disease
- freedom from fear and distress
- freedom to display most normal patterns of behaviour
- Ensure the Agricultural Compounds and Veterinary Medicines Act 1997 is complied with.
- Be managed by competent stockmen, personnel and trained staff.
- Ensure the safety and welfare of animals during transport.
- Ensure the environment is protected and cared for.
- Ensure that all relevant stockmen have an understanding and access to a copy of the AFFCO Select™ Programme.