Maraekowhai is where it all began. Since the farm was initially purchased in 1909 by Oscar Monrad for the Maraekowhai Land Development Company, it has evolved and grown into a successful high country beef and sheep station, it is now the largest of the four blocks owned by Maraekowhai Farms.
Investment in the farm has always meant investment in the region and its infrastructure, and despite its King Country isolation Maraekowhai sheep and beef station is always reflective and proud of the farming that occurs in this corner of New Zealand. Ultimately, the land and the people who work it is what makes Maraekowhai the special farm it is.
Maraekowhai sheep and beef farm is approximately 33km's from the King Country Town of Taumarunui, and 55km's down the Forgotten World Highway to Whangamomana.